Smart specialisation and the city
Baseline of the URBACT-InFocus project on Smart Specialisation at City Level. InFocus is an attempt to contribute, from the city perspective, to the smart specialisation concept and the RIS3 method, pursuing a double aim. First, re-invigorating the urban agenda on business-led economic development by means of smart specialization as an overarching approach. Secondly, making a bridge with the existing RIS3 strategies at regional level.
- Why smart specialization matters today?
- RIS3: unsolved questions related to the city
- RIS3: motivation and principles
A six step process
RIS3 and the question of scale
Why the urban scale matters
- First attempts to fill the gap
- Smart specialisation as overarching concept to boost the urban agenda