The InFocus interview series
Prioritizing and multi-level governance are key aspects of the smart specialisation approach. Therefore, getting strong backing from politicians and other policy decision-makers specially matters when boosting local economic development under such policy concept. To get their view, TASO partner and URBACT lead expert Miguel Rivas has conducted a series of interviews to Mayors, City Councillors and top executives from cities joining the URBACT network InFocus-Smart Specialisation at City Level.
- Dimitri de Vita, Councillor for strategic planning, economy and productive activities at Torino Metropoli (IT)
- Ricardo Valente, Councillor for Economy, Tourism and Commerce at Porto City Hall (PT)
- Tomáš Macura, Mayor of the City of Ostrava (CZ)
- Robert Negoiță, Mayor of Bucharest-3rd District (RO)
- Stanisław Ginda, President of Bielsko-Biała Regional Development Agency (PL)