7 partner cities plus the think-tank INTELI jointly worked, conducted by TASO as principal consultant, to put in practice a shared vision: the creative driver in local development is also functional outside the context of main urban hubs. We have called this exploratory pathway “from the creative industries to the creative place”. Our final report summarizes three years of intensive learning-by-interacting that was co-funded by the URBACT Programme. It resulted in a baseline study, two major conferences, four thematic workshops, two key study visits and the production of a Local Action Plan in each of the participating cities.
Thematically, the project was structured into five working areas:
- Creative industries within a new cluster-based reading of the local economy
- Attracting and retaining creative professionals and entrepreneurs
- The space of the creative class
- Events and cultural agenda as catalysts
- Incubation of future talent: creative educational environments at local level.
Creative Clusters [Óbidos, INTELI, Reggio Emilia, Viareggio, Barnsley, Mizil, Hódmezővásárhely, Jyväskylä]. URBACT Programme. Lead expert. 2008-2011.